This Autumn / winter I've been on the hunt for some very warmed toned browns and something a bit different to your average nude palette. On my hunt I stumbled across this offering from Zoeva. I haven't tried anything from them before, but there is such much hype around their brushes (they are next on my list!) and this palette in particular was always out of stock so there must be good reason - I thought, so I ordered this as soon as could! This £15.50 beauty is inspired by warm truffle colours, nougat and marzipan (sounds good enough to eat!). The palette has 10 shades ranging from beautiful mattes, duo chromes and stunning glitter finishes.
Top row (left to right) Bitter Start, Sweeter End, Warm Notes, Subtle Blend, Beans are White.
Botton row (left to right) Pure Ganache, Substitute for Love, Freshly Toasted, Infusion, Delicate Acidity.
- Bitter Start is your standard off white matte shade. Perfect as a base colour or for those who like a matte inner corner highlight.
- Sweeter End is shimmer duo chrome, that's neutral with slight pink undertones. Perfect for all over the lid or as an inner corner highlight for darker skin tones.
- Warm Notes is a glittery cranberry purple. This is a great shade for those who want a subtle hint of colour.
- Subtle Blend is metallic deep bronze shade that looks stunning all over the lid or under the lower lash line for added drama.
- Beans are White - despite the odd name this is an amazingly pigmented matte black.
- Pure Ganache is a lovely metallic gold, that looks beautiful all over the lid or on the outer 3rd of the eye.
- Substitute for Love is a toffee brown with very slight shimmers running through it. This is a perfect crease transition colour.
- Freshly toasted is a stunning warm toned matte brown with red undertones. This is my favourite of the lot! I like to use in the crease, outer v and lower lash line.
- Infusion is described as matte dark brown, but i'd say this is more black, with a golden glitter running through it. This looks amazing on the outer v for a dramatic smoky eye!
- Delicate Acidity is a shimmery brown with strong purple undertones. This adds a lovely subtle wash of colour all over the lid.
The packaging is sleek and compact, ideal for traveling. But its what inside the truly counts, right? And the shades, pigmentation and blendability are amazing!! The shadows themselves are butter smooth and blend out with ease. The palette is so versatile - from creating a subtle every day look to a more dramatic evening look. This palette has it all! I highly recommend this, I love the warm tones in autumn and winter! Get it while you can because its limited edition.
Zoeva Cococa Blend Eye shadow palette is available here.
Until next time...